Lomi Lomi training retreats
Anyone who wants to learn, practice professionally, use for family use or for personal development can train in Lomi Lomi Massage with Lomi Lomi Ireland.
Lomi Lomi ultimately treats those who are experiencing stress, tension or pain. It uses the forearms and hands in long flowing strokes all around the body to give a deep and energetic massage that can free the body from blockages or pain. Post treatment benefits include psychological & emotional wellbeing, deep relaxed state and a sense of wholeness & wellbeing. This massage also uses our Ha (breath) & Pule (prayer) to create a sacred & spiritual element to the treatment.
Our Training Courses
We offer 4 levels of training in a particular style of Lomi Lomi known as Lomi Lomi Nui or Temple-Style, in the lineage of Kahu Abraham Kawai. All our trainings are residential retreats, which means that you will sleep, eat & stay at Aloha House, Ohana-style! Accommodation is sharing & meals are vegetarian.
Lomi Lomi training information
- Items to bring: 1 small hand towel, 4 sarongs or single flat sheets, 500 mls massage oil (eg. Coconut/sweet almond/grapeseed etc), walking shoes & rain jacket, comfortable clothes to massage in, personal toiletries, notebook, pen & water bottle
- Ideal for: Anybody who wants to learn, practice professionally, use for family use or for personal development.
- Insurance required for practicing in Ireland: You will need a Diploma in Massage (ITEC or equivalent) in order to add Lomi Lomi as one of your therapies. You can do the training whether or not you are a massage therapist, however for insurance you will need a professional qualification including Anatomy & Physiology.
- Starting at Level 1: if you’ve had a previous teacher, we still advise to start at Level 1 as all teachers are different and bring their own individual experiences which influence the training.
- Retreat style training: the nature of healing work lends itself to participants learning retreat-style. This way, we can spend more time together, focus completely on the work without having to go home and cook the dinner etc. The hours of training are often early mornings & late nights, so staying at the venue makes it more practical. It’s also an opportunity to make human connections & establish Ohana.
Directory of therapists
- Aileen Durkan, Dublin Holistic Ctr, www.lomilomidublin.com, email@example.com, 0857512886
- Jean Bowen, Lomi Therapy, Belgooly Co. Cork & Clonakilty Solace Holistic Centre. 087 630 7089
- Juliet O’Keeffe, Listowel, Co. Kerry 087 – 925 9669 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aoife Mannion, Dublin 2, Dublin 7, Swords, https://www.aoifeholistic-healing.com, 086 3790 260 email@example.com
- Christine Judd, Naas, Co.Kildare & Dublin 086-8773085 www.christinejudd.com
- Alyson McEvoy, Restorative Healing, Time For Me, South Frederick Street, Dublin 2 firstname.lastname@example.org, www.alysonmcevoy.wix.com/restorativehealing
- Susana De Abreu, Time for Me, 24 South Frederick Street, Dublin, 085 883 9424
- Ann Murphy, Castleisland Co. Kerry, 087 913 8807
- Szilvia Tomor, Kilcock Co. Kildare, 085 2805298 Nadine Langhard, Dublin 2 & Dublin 9 www.conscioustouch.ie
- Manawa Massage Therapy at Women’s Beauty World, Sarsfield Court, Sarsfield Street, Limerick. Marzena Mrozkiewicz, 0879020400 www.manawa-massage.com
- Kasia La’akea, Mayo & Galwaywww.soundmagicireland.com
- John Picard, Athlone Massage Clinic, at 2, Garden Vale , Athlone, Co Westmeath. 0868255206, orwww.johnpicard.ie email@example.com
- Shantih Therapies, Mary McCumiskey 086 8438885, offering Lomi Lomi in Dublin/Meath/Louth.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nataliya Kozlov, 0863500346,Unit 6, Strand rd, Portmarnock shopping centre, Portmarnock.email@example.com
- Karen Myles, South Dublin & Dubin City Centre, 083 810 4696
- Marta Majewska / Sunrise Massage Therapyinfo@sunrisemassage.ie 086 24 11 511.www.sunrisemassage.ie Portmarnock, Co. Dublin
- Ciara Curtin, CurDane Bodywork Centre, Midleton, Co. Cork. 0872113065.www.curdane.com
- Niamh Kissane, (Tralee area) 087 795 7656.www.niamhkissane.com
- Tiny Vertkas, +31 6 19150033,M.A. de Ruyterstraat 30,3601 TH Maarssen Netherlands www.zenergya.nl Katiusca, Venice (Italy) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giuliana Paoluzzi (Germany) Duerrlacher Weg 7, 79539 Loerrach email@example.com 0049 1577 6461581 ore 0041 76 2501157
- Patrick Kallerfors (Lomi Lomi Sweden) +46 73 950 13 00 www.lomilomi-niu.se