Recipe for our famous Aloha Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
We love to serve healthy meals on our retreats and also in our home. No, we’re not saints or perfectionists, we like the 80/20 rule!
So if you’re looking for an absolutely delicious soup, try this out…it serves 12 so you might want to adjust accordingly, though it also freezes well.
- 6 red peppers * 6 cans organic tomatoes * 510g tomato puree * 720ml water (substitute half coconut milk for creamier soup) * 3 cans organic coconut milk *15g dried dill * 24g garlic powder *3t dried basil * 150g coconut sugar * salt, pepper, chilli flakes to taste
- Roast peppers @ 240C for 10-15 mins. Wrap in foil to steam for a few mins
- Add all other ingredients to pot and simmer.
- Remove skins from cooled peppers and blend to puree.
- Add to pot and simmer 10 mins.
- Adjust taste with salt, pepper, sugar and chilli
Aloha from us!