Tranquil, comfortable and functional studio spaces
for hire in the heart of the beautiful Reeks District
Host and facilitate the perfect workshop, event, class or retreat at Aloha House with our 3 spacious studios available for hire any day of the week.
Our Venue Offering
Nestled against the backdrop of the world-famous McGillycuddy Reeks mountain range and River Laune in the Reeks District, Aloha House offers spacious, tranquil and functional studio spaces for hire. We can facilitate both residential and non-residential workshops, events, classes or retreats.
Our venue is tastefully decorated with a real homely feel and provides three separate studio spaces, each with its own unique offering and character. Each studio is available for hire any day during the week, with a minimum of 2 nights on weekends. Between Aloha House itself and our separate self-contained workshop space next door, we offer 2 large studios, 1 multi-purpose studio/lounge and a separate kitchen/dining area.
We also offer quests a range of additional onsite facilities from beautiful private gardens, spacious & well equipped kitchens to chill out lounges & reading rooms. We can also accommodate up to 15 overnight guests with a 7 beautiful guest rooms.
Everything you need to host and facilitate the perfect workshop, event, class or retreat is available at Aloha House;
- 2 Large studios
- 1 multi-purpose studio/lounge
- Well-equipped kitchen and dining area
- Chill out lounges and reading rooms
- Upstairs conservatory with amazing views
- Private gardens with fire pit
- Retreat Accommodation for up to 15 (7 rooms)
- On-site catering options
- On-site parking
- Direct access to some of Kerry’ most prominent hiking treks
- Panoramic view of the Kerry countryside
- Free Wifi
- Complimentary stay for facilitator
Details of studio space
Studio 1: Namasté
(Namasté is a Sanskrit concept “The Divine Light in Me recognises the Divine Light in You”)
Studio 2 Anam
(Anam is an Irish concept “Soul Friend”. Interestingly, it is also the Arabic word for “Blessing”)
Studio 3 Ohana
(Ohana is a Hawaiian concept for “Family or Community”)
Additional Venue Facilities
- Croíthe (describes where the heart is – the kitchen) A fully-equipped kitchen and adjoining dining area. It is a beautiful gathering space for groups and is available as self-catering or can be fully catered for from our superb chef.
- Sunroom – An upstairs conservatory with panoramic views of the River Laune and surrounding McGillycuddy Reeks mountains. Seating consists of 2 couches & leads to a balcony area with comfortable seating and it’s stocked with board games and guitars. It’s a lovely space to relax, meditate, read in or even ideal for a livelier evening.
- Reading Room – a cosy lounge with fireplace & “teeny tiny library” situated off the Reception area.
- Kitchenette – a small space inside the main house for preparing teas, coffees & snacks. Equipped with kettle, toaster, microwave, table, chairs and basic amenities.
- Private Gardens – overlooking the River Laune with a hammock for relaxation beneath the trees, garden benches that provide panoramic views and meditation spaces. For children, we have a trampoline & swings.
- Parking – we have 2 entrances with parking spaces for about 8 cars each.
Aloha House is situated on the outskirts of the quaint town of Killorglin Co. Kerry within the Reeks District overlooking the beautiful River Laune and is surrounded by the world-famous McGillycuddy Reeks mountain range.
The Reeks District is the beating heart of the Kingdom of Kerry and is only 20 minutes from Kerry Airport, 25 minutes from Killarney, 35 minutes from Tralee and just two hours from Cork and Shannon. Killorglin is also situated on the Ring of Kerry and The Wild Atlantic Way and is best known for one of Ireland’s oldest, longest and unusual festivals, Puck Fair which is celebrated every year on August 10th.
The region of Kerry is often referred to as an ‘adventure playground’, where you can go from Blue Flag beaches on the Wild Atlantic Way to towering peaks in less than an hour. There is so much on offer for the outdoor enthusiast, from mountains to the sea. But there’s also more to its admittedly, great outdoors. It’s also steeped in myths, from tales of the magical sorcerer Cú Roí mac Dáire, to King Puck’s warning against the approaching Cromwellian armies. Not to mention it’s amazing food choices for foodies and street festivals, traditional horse shows and live music in bustling pubs that provide a traditional Irish welcome.
We would be delighted to advise you on the various adventures you could include as part of your program.
Residential retreat accommodation options
Tastefully decorated with a real homely feel, up to 12 guests can sleep at Aloha House comfortably. We offer many accommodation and catering options to match your needs and would be delighted to work with you to ensure that your retreat/event goes to plan and your stay will be full of great memories.
View more information on our accommodation options here or contact us directly to talk about the options in for detail.